The Board of Directors of The Coca-Cola Company Elects Four Officers
ATLANTA, Dec. 8, 2016 — The Board of Directors of The Coca-Cola Company today elected four new officers. Barry Simpson, who was recently named Chief Information Officer, was elected as a Senior Vice President. In addition, Robert Long, Global Vice President of Research and Development; Bernard McGuinness, Vice President of Science; and Darlene Nicosia, Vice President of Commercial Product Supply were elected as Vice Presidents of the company. Each of the elections is effective immediately.
Simpson, 56, became Chief Information Officer earlier this fall, and oversees all of the company's global information technology strategy, services and operations. A nearly 30-year IT industry veteran, Simpson joined the Coca-Cola system in 2008 as Group CIO of the Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) Group. He joined The Coca-Cola Company in Atlanta in January 2016. Before joining the Coca-Cola system, Simpson served in various IT leadership roles for Colgate-Palmolive based in Australia, Malaysia and the United States from 1990-2008. He holds a Bachelor's of Economics from Sydney University and is a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Long, 59, has served as Global Vice President of Research and Development since June. In this role, he oversees the development of strategy and supporting capability to deliver technical innovation that supports the global business. He joined the company in 2004 as Vice President of Global Packaging Platforms and played a key role in the development of contour aluminum bottles and new sustainable packaging. He also has served as head of the company’s Research and Development Center in Tokyo and led the technical functions for Coca-Cola North America. Long holds a Bachelor of Science and Engineering degree in Chemical Engineering from Princeton University and an MBA in Finance from Xavier University of Ohio.
- March 13, 2017Coca-Cola today reported Q3 2016 financial results. We caught up with President and COO James Quincey for his take on the company's performance in the quarter and the opportunities ahead. Take a look:...view
- March 13, 2017The premise of ‘It’s Beautiful’ can be simply stated: America is beautiful and Coca-Cola is for everyone. It celebrates Coca-Cola moments among all Americans and features snapshots of American fami...view
- March 13, 2017Since becoming CEO in July 2008, Muhtar Kent has achieved a long list of strategic accomplishments to drive The Coca-Cola Company's growth around the world. Highlights include: Creating a long-term pl...view
- March 13, 2017ATLANTA -- Upon the recommendation of Chairman and CEO Muhtar Kent, The Coca-Cola Company's Board of Directors today announced it has approved unanimously an evolution of the company's senior leadersh...view
- March 13, 2017Since our first soda fountain sales in 1886, we have been a driver of marketplace innovation and an investor in local economies. Today we lead the beverage industry with more than 500 beverage brands ...view
- March 13, 2017James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as Chief Executive Officer in May 2017 Kent to Continue as ChairmanATLANTA, Dec. 9, 2016 – The Coca-Cola Company today announced that its Board of Directors has a...view