Muhtar Kent's Key Accomplishments
Since becoming CEO in July 2008, Muhtar Kent has achieved a long list of strategic accomplishments to drive The Coca-Cola Company's growth around the world. Highlights include:
Creating a long-term plan to refocus the company on its core business model of building strong brands, enhancing customer value and leading a strong, dedicated global franchise system. Through an accelerated bottler re-franchising initiative, The Coca-Cola Company will move from owning about 18 percent of the volume produced in global bottling operations at the end of 2015 to approximately 3 percent when this transformation is complete. Kent has been the guiding force behind Coca-Cola's global system evolution, taking bold action to franchise territories across North America, Germany, China and Africa to strong and capable bottling partners.
Making disciplined investments across an increasingly diverse beverage portfolio with the introduction of approximately 1,000 new products. The number of products marketed by The Coca-Cola Company globally has grown from more than 2,800 in 2007 to more than 3,800 today. The company also has added eight brands to its roster of brands exceeding $1 billion in annual retail sales during this period.
Leading a shift in focus toward growing revenue ahead of volume in developed markets and a more balanced approach between volume and revenue in developing and emerging markets. Under Kent's leadership, the company has grown its share of total dollars spent in the nonalcoholic ready-to-drink beverage industry (or value share) for 37 consecutive quarters.
Investing in markets around the world for long-term growth. Since 2010, The Coca-Cola Company and its bottling partners have invested more than $75 billion for growth in local markets around the world. In Africa, the Coca-Cola system has earmarked $17 billion in investments from 2010-2020, in China, $4 billion from 2015-2017, in India, $5 billion from 2012-2020, and many more.
- March 13, 2017ATLANTA – November 21, 2016 – Since the 1930s, Coca-Cola has been synonymous with the holiday season. From heartwarming ads and special-edition packaging to the Coca-Cola Holiday Caravan stops that ...view
- March 13, 2017Since our first soda fountain sales in 1886, we have been a driver of marketplace innovation and an investor in local economies. Today we lead the beverage industry with more than 500 beverage brands ...view
- March 13, 2017Increases Annual Dividend to $1.48 Per ShareATLANTA, Feb. 16, 2017 – The Board of Directors of The Coca-Cola Company today approved the company's 55th consecutive annual dividend increase, raising th...view
- March 13, 2017ATLANTA, Jan. 10, 2017 – The Coca-Cola Company will release fourth quarter and full-year 2016 financial results on Thursday, Feb. 9, 2017, before the New York Stock Exchange opens. The company will h...view
- March 13, 2017James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as Chief Executive Officer in May 2017 Kent to Continue as ChairmanATLANTA, Dec. 9, 2016 – The Coca-Cola Company today announced that its Board of Directors has a...view
- March 13, 2017ATLANTA, Dec. 8, 2016 — The Board of Directors of The Coca-Cola Company today elected four new officers. Barry Simpson, who was recently named Chief Information Officer, was elected as a Senior Vice...view